If you are familiar with agile approaches, we recommend continuing your agile learning journey by embarking on one or more of our learning tracks (e.g., Agile Coaching, Agile Engineering, etc.) and working toward an ICAgile Certified Expert (ICE) designation.
The ICAgile Certified Expert designation is only awarded to professionals who demonstrate competence in a chosen discipline. This prestigious certification is internationally recognized and respected by industry thought leaders. A prerequisite for all expert-level certifications is earning the ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) designation. You can earn the ICP certification by successfully completing an ICAgile-accredited Agile Fundamentals class or by demonstrating your knowledge of Agile Fundamentals through the Equivalent Prior Learning (EPL) process.
The EPL process is only available to professionals who already have a strong grasp of Agile Fundamentals. This process was designed to help experienced practitioners, who have mastered the concepts in Agile Fundamentals and are working toward the ICE designation, earn the required ICP certification without taking an ICAgile-accredited Agile Fundamentals class. The ICP certification is only awarded to applicants who successfully meet ICAgile’s Learning Outcomes for Agile Fundamentals.
Follow these steps to apply for your ICP via the EPL process:
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $125 USD. This is a non-refundable fee, regardless of the outcome of your application. Therefore, you should be confident in your understanding of Agile Fundamentals before submitting your payment.
- Complete the online application documenting any agile industry certifications you’ve earned and answering open-ended questions. Your answers will be reviewed by ICAgile to assess your understanding of Agile Fundamentals. Please provide thorough and original answers. Applications that show any evidence of plagiarism will be rejected. Also, please check to confirm that you do not already have the ICP certification associated with a separate account before applying. After you submit your application, ICAgile will review it and notify you of our deicsion within 7-10 business days.
- View the ICAgile Orientation Video. If your application is approved, you will receive a link to a 30-minute ICAgile orientation video providing a comprehensive overview of ICAgile, the benefits of ICAgile membership, and other key points included in ICAgile-accredited classes. If your application is rejected, you will no longer be able to proceed with the EPL process and you will only be able to earn the ICP certification by attending an ICAgile-accredited Agile Fundamentals class.
- Successfully complete an ICAgile-accredited class beyond Agile Fundamentals. To receive the ICP certification through the EPL process, you will also be required to earn a certification from any of the learning tracks (e.g., ICP-ACC). Because ICAgile created the EPL process as an alternate entry point to its learning paths, continuing learning on one of these paths is required in order to use the EPL process to achieve status as an ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP).
- Earn your ICP certification. After successfully completing these steps, ICAgile will grant you the ICP certification.